Friday, October 5, 2012

Mrs. Harman

I never imagined I would be an elementary school teacher... like ever. In high school, and even during a lot of college it was never on my "list" of career choices. But here I am. A 2nd grade teacher. And let me tell you... I kind of LOVE it. It is probably the hardest thing I have ever done-- I come home everyday completely exhausted. 10-12 hour days, 23 kids, 5 days a week.
Before I started teaching I thought, "how hard can it be?" You stand in front of kids and tell them what to write/draw/go to recess and assemblies... I was wrong.
Although it is hard, it is so rewarding. I love going to school and teaching something new. I love when a student understands a difficult or new concept. It makes it all worth it--the planning, staying at school late, waking up early, making 10 lesson plans a day, etc etc. I love coming home with the funniest stories. Kids honestly say and do some of the funniest things. 7 year olds are the best/worst ha ha!
the last time i was in 2nd grade. I would still fit right in.   

Because I'm teaching in Payson, I decided to do a cowboy theme. I thought it would be appropriate/I love cowboys obviously.









2 comments:

  1. You are the cutest teacher ever!!! Congrats Meag! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meag! Love your classroom. You look like you have things under control!!

    ReplyDelete