Friday, March 18, 2016

life with 2

I feel like the last few months (years, really) have completely flown by. I look at my boys and cannot believe how old they are. Hendrix is 8 months, and Crosby just turned 2! Life with two kids has been a bit of an adjustment, but it hasn’t exactly been as HARD as I imagined. I mean, most days I don’t shower until 4 (if at all), my house is only clean tidy between the hours of 8 pm, and 8 am, whenever we go out, one kid may or may not be crying, etc. etc. I think it goes without saying our lives are anything but calm, organized, or perfect.... ha we are mostly a walking circus.
 But to me, I love it. The crazy doesn’t bother me. I think one of the hardest things with two kids (besides finding room in the grocery cart with a toddler and car seat or baby, or trying to help Crosby while nursing, or loading/unloading the kids in the car, trying to hold onto Crosby and Henni while walking across the parking lot, trying to get out of the house for 9 o’clock church.....), is how fast time seems to go. I find myself just staring at them. I love watching their interactions, and facial expressions.  I love that quote, “the days are long, but the years are short.” That is so true. Some days I am counting the minutes until Mathis gets home, or bedtime... whichever comes first. Some days are smooth sailing, while others I have to hide for a few minutes. But, I know I will miss these days.
I came across this one quote, and I try to keep it in mind everyday.

“You will NEVER have this day with your children again. Tomorrow they will be a little older than they were today. This day is a GIFT. Just breathe and notice, smell and touch them, study their faces and little feet. Pay attention. Relish the charms of the present. ENJOY TODAY!”

 ha ha a common occurrence









1 comment: